Very rare example of an earlier copper factory machinist’s lamp made in England by Dugdills. c.1910
Made of copper-plated brass with an incredible, as-found verdigris finish throughout. Featuring the earlier over-sized daisy head tightening bolts, this lamp was salvaged from a retired engineer’s personal workshop where it had spent a majority of it’s life. Fully articulating, allowing this versatile lamp to be positioned in any manner and can be desk, wall or ceiling mounted. Beautiful dark green enamel shade and original bulb holder with matchstick toggle switch.
Rewired with 2m of black twisted flex and BS 3-pin plug
The design of this is attributed to John Dugdill, an electrical engineer from Manchester, who filed a patent for a ‘rotating electrical switch’ in 1906