Exceptional example of a huge 24″ double sided illuminated clock manufactured by Gents of Leicester. c.1930
Double sided, the heavy gauge steel casing retains the original black paint which has been waxed to preserve a perfect industrial patina. The perspex faces are bright and clean and can be illuminated via a remote switch – allowing the clocks to remain running, but the lights to be switched off. Large imposing hands running perfectly on the original slave mechanisms, powered by a mains operated impulse driver.
Rewired with 1m of black round flex and suspension chain.
Gents’ of Leicester, was established in Leicester, England, in 1872 by John Thomas Gent. For over a century, the company was a well known manufacturer of electrical equipment, in particular its electric clocks, which were used in public buildings and railway stations all over the world.