Exceptional example of an 18″ double sided illuminated clock manufactured by Gents of Leicester. c.1930
Double sided, the heavy gauge steel casing retains the original black paint which has been waxed to preserve a perfect industrial patina. The perspex faces are bright and clean and can be illuminated via a remote switch – allowing the clocks to remain running, but the lights to be switched off. Large imposing hands running perfectly on the original slave mechanisms, powered by a mains operated impulse driver.
Rewired with 1m of black round flex and suspension chain.
Gents’ of Leicester, was established in Leicester, England, in 1872 by John Thomas Gent. For over a century, the company was a well known manufacturer of electrical equipment, in particular its electric clocks, which were used in public buildings and railway stations all over the world.